A lot of Buyers are coming from outside the Barrie area to purchase a home, because it is cheaper, they are coming from the Greater Toronto Area. If you are one of them and are thinking of moving up here to the Barrie area, there seems to be a tendency to use the agent that is listing your home to help you buy a property in Barrie, which is a huge mistake!!!
For starters, the average days on market on the Barrie Real Estate Board, from list date to a firm sale is 7 days, so to be a successful Buyer in this market you need to move and act fast! As a local Realtor, we know the minute a new listing hits the market and are readily available to show you the home as soon as possible because we are in town, we don’t have an hour plus drive ahead of us. We can also easily preview a home on your behalf so you don’t have to drive here and waste time if it ends up not being what you are looking for.
Some vital reason why you should use a local realtor:
- Expertise & Knowledge of specific areas & neighbourhoods within the city
- Member of the local Real Estate Board
- Access to the full listing data sheets, including all information & details
- Comparable MLS® Sales data, to show you current market value
- Show you a property promptly
- Preview potential homes for you
- Relationship with other agents making negotiations much smoother
- Knowledge of septic and wells system for rural properties
- Knowledge of local market rents & niche markets if you are an investor
- We know the local inspectors and appraisers & can be on hand for inspections.
- We are involved in our community & can put you in touch with service people you may have need of, such as lawyers, contractors, cleaners, financial sources & others.
Using your GTA Realtor to help you buy a property here is a mistake because they don’t really understand the local market. They don’t have access to the data and are likely not members of the Barrie Real Estate Board, so they don’t have access to all the sold data, which means you could be possibly paying more for a property, when you don’t need to, which, recently, we are seeing quite often.
As ridiculous as this sounds, we have had instances, where an out of town agent has called us and asked about the value of a listing. Do you really want your realtor who is representing YOUR investment to have to ask another realtor for their opinion on value? Or the listing agent, who is presenting the Seller of that property. Doesn’t make much sense to me.
We’re not going to go and list your property in Etobicoke, Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga because that’s not our primary market and it’s unprofessional of an agent and frankly a disservice to you, to come into an area that they don’t know and try and buy a property.
So, if you are considering moving up into our area, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to serve you in any way that we can. Always use a local realtor, even if it isn’t us – use a local agent!
We work is Simcoe County, specifically the Barrie area, including Innisfil, Oro-Medonte, Essa, Clearview & Springwater all the way into the Wasaga Beach area.